Welcome to our "Choose Your Own Adventure" iPad Workshop
Today’s teachers require and are more engaged in workshops that are “learner centered, knowledge centered, assessment centered and community centered” (Bransford et al., 2002, p.192) so that quality learning takes place. In addition, research suggests that “the most successful teacher professional development activities are those that are extended over time and encourage the development of teachers’ learning communities.” (Bransford et al., 2002, p. 204) To achieve this we have organized our workshop to be more flexible and driven by the participant. In essence, you the participant get to choose your own iPad learning adventure.
The Workshop Format
- You will participate in two 1.5 hour sessions in the computer lab with other participants. Each session will be at least two weeks apart in order for you to have a chance to apply things you learned into your own practice.
- This is where you get the chance to chose your own ipad adventure and explore an area of interest on this website. The instructor will group you into your "Areas of Interest" in order for you to work and learn with other liked minded people. You are encourage to explore the apps and try and apply them to previous lesson or ones you are planning to teach. At the end of the session, you will choose on idea, lesson or app to use in your classroom. See Homework sheet
- You will be asked to share out your experiences your homework activity. You will then be given time to either investigate a new area or work with others to further your learning from the first session. In the second session, you can also ask questions or trouble shoot anything you have come across since the first session.
- You determine what you want to learn about. There are many topics listed at the top of this website for you to start your adventure. Pick one and start your journey into learning with iPads. The instructor in the computer lab is there to guide you so don't hesitate to ask for help when you need it.
- This website will always be here for you to access long after this workshop in order for you to get support, learn something new or just refer back too. In addition, there are other Communities of Practice that can support your iPad adventure.
- In addition, you can post questions or ideas to the to our blog section. In addition, we will update the blog with new lessons created during our workshop sessions